There are lots of compelling benefits for eating healthy foods. And many of us have our own reasons for wanting to eat healthier foods and lose weight. So finding the motivation to eat better and lose weight is actually all around us, but we somehow lose our focus at times.
Therefore, it is staying motivated to eat healthier that become our major challenge. Our daily life interferes and we slide back into our old habits. And then when the stress level becomes too high, we throw in the towel and abandon our diet.
Does this sound familiar?
The good news is that we can actually develop healthy eating habits over time, if we persist. We just need to realize that we must change our lifestyle to change our bad eating habits. Let us examine how we can maintain our level of motivation to lose our excess weight.
8 Ways to Stay Motivated to Eat Healthy
1) Identify your why.Do not underestimate this step. Find out why eating healthy and losing weight is important to you. It is this deeper reason that will increase your level of motivation. Write this reason down and post it where you can see throughout your day.
2) Allow ample time for grocery shopping, food prepping, and meal planning.Too many times we try throwing meals together for our diet. This is a terrible way to manage a new diet because it is too easy to fall back into your old unhealthy meal plans. You tell yourself that you’ll just have that old meal one time out of convenience. Before long, you are eating nothing but those unhealthy meals again.
3) Purge your kitchen.You should really take the time to clean up and purge your kitchen before starting your healthy meal plan. To begin with, you do not need to struggle with a messy kitchen when you are trying to establish new eating habits. Secondly, it is a good idea to get rid of those foods and snacks that you can no longer eat when you are trying to lose weight.
4) Work smart in your kitchen.One big mental road block in dieting is that buying healthy food costs a lot more money. This is certainly true if you buy brand name foods that are targeted for dieting. But the truth is, you can eat healthy foods on a modest budget. Many of these brand name health foods are actually not much different than lots of regular foods. Start checking the nutrition labels on these health foods and you will see that many of them can be replaced by regular foods.
5oz water + THIS = Smaller Belly In The Morning ====> CLICK HERE
5) Manage your perspective.Rather than focusing on the things you can’t have, start focusing on the good things you can have. You can actually start playing the rainbow game and eat as many colorful vegetables and fruits as you can. Feel the joy of nourishing your physical body.
6) Be mindful when you eat.
Each one of us are unique and there is no single diet that will work the same for everyone. We have to take that meal plan from a given diet and determine which meals are working the best for our bodies. This means that you have to be mindful of what foods are working the best for your specific body.
7) Maintain a food journal.When you undergo sensitivities from certain foods, you should start keeping a food journal. Start documenting the things you eat, when you ate them, and how it made you feel physically and mentally. Review this journal at least once a week and determine if there are foods that are not agreeing with you.
Try eliminating any problem foods for a while and see what happens. This is a learning process, but it is much cheaper than going to a dietician. Also, you tend to forget about some of the foods that you loved, so your journal will remind you.
8) Enjoy some healthy snacks and desserts.Believe it or not, there are plenty of desserts and snacks that are comprised of healthy foods. Find a few of these healthy snacks that you like and enjoy them a few times every week. Remember that more whole food ingredients and less sugar will make your snacks healthier.
Over time, you will find yourself enjoy these healthy snacks more than the old snacks you used to eat.